The Heron community is pleased to announce the release of version 0.20.4-incubating. We are excited as this is the first release the Heron community has distributed a full set of convenience binaries from the released source code while under the Apache Foundation. Heron has had several improvements implemented while in incubation, and the community has learned much along the way.
This is a major milestone in the incubation process at the Apache Incubator for Heron.
We expect the release of convenience binaries to ease the adoption of Heron in organizations across the world. This goal could not have been achieved without the solid community behind Heron.
Here are a few updates since the last release:
- Improving Kubernetes Resource Handling
- Adding Prometheus Metrics Rule
- Use Build Kit Docker feature to shrink the Docker image size
- Removing unused Bookkeeper Port
- Use the full featured Zookeeper config generation script
- Add sum/max/min reducers in Scala